Women empowerment is the much-talked about issue today. Women are increasingly getting empowered to decide the course of their life and professions and realise their fullest potential.
Importance of Women Empowerment:
Women empowerment adds to confidence of women in their ability to lead meaningful. It removes their dependence on others.
- Empowerment makes women able to lead their lives with dignity and freedom
- It adds to their self esteem
- It gives them a different identity
- Financial independence make them capable to spend on all their needs and desires.
- They are able to make meaningful contributions to the well-being of society
- They get fair and equitable access to resources of the country
Necessity of Empowerment for women
- Without women’s empowerment, we cannot remove injustice and gender discrimination and inequalities.
- If women are not empowered, they cannot enjoy security and protection in life
- It also provide them a safe environment to work.
- Empowerment acts as a powerful tool against exploitation and harassment of women
- It is a great means to get legal protection for women
- If not socially and economically empowered, women cannot develop their own identity
- If women are not employed, the global economy will be adversely affected as women constitute a vast chunk of the world’s population
- Women are highly creative and intelligent which makes it imperative to receive their contributions in socio-economic activities
- For a just and progressive society, women need to be provided equal opportunities for work
Women Empowerment helps to make the society and world a better place to live in and march forward on way to inclusive participation. It means increase happiness for the family and the organisations where women make a difference.